Looking for the best place to board your horse?
Discover the Taylor Made Advantage.
When it comes to breeding and raising racehorses, their father literally wrote the book. Published in 1993, the how-to manual titled, Joe Taylor's Complete Guide to Breeding and Raising Racehorses, has become the definitive guide for both farm managers and horse lovers alike.
Joe's memorable passion, wisdom and insatiable thirst for perfecting the art of horsemanship has been passed down to his sons, and today those deeply ingrained values live on at Taylor Made Farm.
Established as a boarding farm in 1976, Taylor Made evolved quickly and became a major force in both the public auction and stallion businesses.
Owned and operated by brothers Duncan, Ben, Frank and Mark Taylor, along with long-time family friend Pat Payne, Taylor Made's reputation has spread worldwide. Currently, they are ranked #1 leading consignor in the world by gross sales and have maintained that position for 9 of the last 10 years.
In November of 2010, Taylor Made handled the complete dispersal of one of the world's leading breeders, Gulf Coast Farms. This dispersal of nearly 100 horses, most of which were boarded in Nicholasville at Taylor Made Farm, naturally left Taylor Made with open stalls for the first time in quite awhile. "We've been operating at full capacity for the past 10 years," said Frank Taylor. "Now we have a rare opportunity for select clients to board their horses with us and experience the many advantages that we have to offer."
Located on 1500 acres of rich, Kentucky Bluegrass, Taylor Made features 22 barns with 429 stalls. Their facilties also include three round pens, five exercise walkers and 107 paddocks - all of which were artfully designed by Joe Taylor using the guiding principles set forth in his landmark book.
Of the countless stakes winners raised at Taylor Made, the most recent include Belmont Stakes winner DROSSELMEYER (G1).
Taylor Made offers many services including: boarding, foaling, lay-ups, sales prep, stallion services, and public and private sales representation, as well as complete equine portfolio management.
"We have an incredible team of the world's best horsemen, veterinarians and blacksmiths all working together to maximize your horse's potential," Taylor concluded.
We realize you have many choices when it comes to boarding your horses. So what sets Taylor Made apart from the competition?
• Taylor Made has been in business since 1976. Our team of over 125 professionals are well trained and prepared to serve you by providing the highest level of care for your horse.
• We staff a crew 24/7 to insure that your horse will be cared for at all times.
• Our foaling team has foaled over 6,000 foals, with one individual having over 20 years experience.
• Taylor Made retains an onsite veterinarian from the world-renowned Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital.
• Taylor Made's ferrier services are handled by one of the nation's most respected and experienced blacksmiths, Bobby Langley.
• We monitor your horse(s) daily to insure they are receiving the proper nutritional content to develop, grow and maximize their potential.
• Taylor Made is here for you and will gladly guide you through every detail of the equine experience. Our goal is to make your horse-ownership experience as enjoyable, profitable and hassle-free as possible.
• Whatever your goals may be, Taylor Made can assist you in developing a complete program with both long-term and short-term goals.
• Taylor Made offers complete Equine Portfolio Management, meaning there is no job too big or too small for us to handle. From conception until the time your horse is ready to be sold or prepared to race, we will monitor every aspect of your horse's development.
• Our long list of services include: mating recommendations, breeding your mare, foaling, corrective surgery, Jockey Club registrations, Breeders' Cup and other state-related nominations, nominating to public auctions, prepping for sale, arranging and monitoring the transportation of your horse, pre-sale x-rays and scopes, public auction representation, etc.
• As an added benefit to you, Taylor Made pre-pays for all services related to your horse (vet, blacksmith, nomination fees, etc.), then summarizes all of these services conveniently onto one monthly bill.
• Each month, Taylor Made will send you a photograph of your horse along with a progress report to keep you up-to-date on its development.Videos of your horse are also available on request.
• Our track record speaks for itself. Over the past three decades, thanks to the trust imparted upon us by our loyal customers, Taylor Made has bred, raised and sold countless champions, Breeders' Cup winners and Graded Stakes winners.
• When you send your horses to board at Taylor Made, you will be assigned a personal, full-time Account Manager who will be with you every step of the way and will serve as your primary point of contact.
• Our Account Managers are among the most experienced bloodstock advisors in the business. As full-time team members at Taylor Made Farm, they are in constant contact with each of the Taylor brothers. This team effort and daily communication ensures that you will receive the best counsel in the business at all times.
• The TMCEP (Taylor Made Client Equine Portfolio) is available to all of our boarding customers upon request. This is a cutting-edge, web-based tool that includes relevant information about your horse.
• The TMCEP includes: pedigree information, breeding information, foal status, vet information, appraisals of your horse, monthly pictures, conformation notes, sales results regarding comparable horses in recent sales, and other information based on your specific program goals. This state-of-the-art tool is provided to you at no additional charge as part of your Taylor Made experience.
• Our Mission Statement is clear and simple - "Our Customers' Success is Our Primary Focus." Everything we do revolves around this guiding principle. Whether your goal is to bred, sell or race, the fulfillment of your success and enjoyment is at the heart of our company.
• The owners and team members of Taylor Made are devoted to setting the standards of quality by providing you with the industry's most rewarding experience and operate under a set of four ranked values: Honesty, a commitment to exceeding customers' expectations, goals-driven workmanship and unwavering teamwork.
We look forward to putting all of our resources to work for you and creating an equine experience that can only be found at Taylor Made!
For further information, a list of references, or a farm tour, please contact:
Vice-president of Boarding Operations
Cell: (859) 221-0788
Home | About Taylor Made | Meet Our Team | Public Sales | Private Sales |
© Taylor Made Sales Agency, Inc. 2018 All Rights Reserved.